Friday, April 2, 2010

Holiness

Today I am posting two items. The first is a song (yet to be set to music), and a poem. Both have the same theme. I hope you find truth within the words and draw closer to our Savior because of reading them.

Holy

A song by Carolynn J. Scully (c)2002

Holy, holy, holy are You Lord!
Holy hands!
Holy heart!
Holy God!

Holiness encountered sin on the cross.
Through nails and thorns holiness paid the cost.
Freedom was poured out by holiness lost.

Holiest of hands held firm every sin.
Love pierced deep the holiest heart within.
Holiest life in His agony wins.

Holy God!
Holy heart!
Holy Hands!
Holy, holy, holy are You Lord!


Holiness (a poem)
by Carolynn J. Scully (c)2002

Holiness encountered my sin on the cross.
Eternal moments treasured His loss.
Precious holy hands possessed my every sin.
He did not turn away but nailed it deep within.

Holiness was poisoned by my sin and contempt.
The eternal Godhead, in pain and agony, wept.
The holy triune heart was torn for me in twain.
His holy love and mercy forever reigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment