Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sun Queen

Here in Florida the weather is starting to heat up! It is in the 80s pretty steadily now and it will be creeping upwards into the 90s soon. Here is a poem I wrote about the sun and the different way it affects me. Hope you are having a nice spring!

Sun Queen


I like it best
when the sun does not blaze across the sky
crowding out the deepness of the blue and
beating down on the helpless earth
like a tyrant commanding attention and invading the universe;
or when its heat weighs heavy on my shoulders,
stifles my breath,
closes my eyes and
pushes me to lie down and sleep;
But when the sky is wide and free and
I feel as if I could rise up and fly,
soaring and playing in the air;
or when the sun reigns with mercy,
allowing the sky to compliment her beauty and
permit the white puffy clouds to dance in her presence and
a soft cool breeze is allowed to brush the earth
with blessing as it sings a soft melody
to refresh and uplift the heart,
I like it best.


Carolynn J Scully
© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment